Thursday, April 1, 2021

Welcome!

RKBentley, author
I have a new blog! But I'm not new to blogging. I have another blog – coincidentally, also called, A Sure Word – that I'd been publishing for about 11 years. It was successful in some ways. At its peak, it was getting between 10,000-15,000 visitors each month. People visited it from all over the world – literally all seven continents, including Antarctica. It still gets visitors even though I haven't published there for nearly 2 years now and I still think the content is useful for people seeking answers so I intend to leave it up indefinitely. You can visit it at rkbentley.blogspot.com. Yet in spite of these small successes, I just felt like some things were missing so I wanted to start with a clean slate.

The first thing I wanted to change was my blog's URL. My other blog was literally my name. Certainly I publish my own thoughts, but I want people to see this as a place to learn what the Bible says rather than what Bentley thinks about a subject. I chose this URL more carefully. 2 Peter 1:19 says, “We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.” That's what I want people to think of when they visit here but, obviously, when you change a blog's URL, it necessarily becomes a new blog!

I could import all the posts from my last blog but I feel like I've matured as a writer and my later posts were better than my earlier ones. What I intend to do instead is use that material for inspiration, take some of what I've written there, polish it up, and republish it here. There are also a lot of comments left by visitors where I didn't have time to write a response. Whenever it's practical, I'll take an unanswered comment and make a post about it. Of course, I also have new ideas that I'm itching to put to paper so there won't be a shortage of new content here.

I'm also hoping to add some video content on this new blog. My editing skills, however, run considerably behind my HTML skills so you can imagine how primitive my videos will be. Even so, you can definitely expect to see some in the not-too-distant future.

Finally, the main focus of this blog will be apologetics, as was my last blog but my apologetics here will include a lot more Scripture. There will be more posts discussing doctrine and theology but there will fewer posts discussing politics and social issues. There will still be some posts on politics, of course; anyone who knows me knows I normally can't shut up about politics. It's just that when I talk about current events, it will be to analyze the issues from a biblical perspective.

So there you have it, folks! RKBentley's vision for my new and improved blog. To God be the glory! Please bookmark this page and subscribe to email notifications. Please, too, share my posts on your social media. Thank you, thank you, thank you for visiting! Check back often!

God bless!

RKBentley

No comments:

Post a Comment